[at-l] I love morning!

Frank Looper nightwalker.at at gmail.com
Sat Dec 4 09:51:44 CST 2010

I eat supper in the hammock, in the bag almost every night.

I would put shoes inna bag more often,  but it's pretty tight in there.

3. 5 miles before 10. What is the world coming to?

NightSleeper
On Dec 3, 2010 11:11 AM, "Tom McGinnis" <sloetoe at yahoo.com> wrote:
> --- On Fri, 12/3/10, Felix J <AThiker at smithville.net> wrote:
>> why do you assume that boots in the bag means no sleep?  I
>> was generally in my bag 12 hours a day at that point. So, I
>> was gettin' plenty of rest.  (and, the fact is, I only did
>> the boots in the bag thing a night or two on that
>> hike....and, maybe only a night or two since)
>
> ### Well, being a thermo-weenie *and* being a weight weenie, I have the
smallest (and lightest), warmest bag I could find. That means little room
for all the extras before I start pushing things into the sides, and
collapsing the insulation into cold spots. (And losing stuff.) As well,
while I (personally) can sleep *on* pretty much anything and remain
comfortable, having things *poke* me all the time -- especially when I'm
turning over throughout the (as you noted) 12-hour night -- just gets way
old. For me, anyway. (I mean, I really sleep well -- I think I'm spoiled --
and dig on that quiet time, horizontal time, listen-to-the-breathing time,
listen-to-the-wind-whistling-through-the-barren-landscape time..... Feeling
all cozy and warm being safely ensconced in my fleecy, downy cocoon...
Yeahhhh. Sweet. DON'T like giving that up....)

> wanttoheadbacktobedtoe
>
> OH! And the other thing! Bringing wet clothes into a winter bag! BAD IDEA.
As the moisture hits the exterior, it changes from mobile vapor to
frozen-in-place ice, and adds weight (and wipes out loft) with every
evening. If I had a vapor barrier in use, that would go away, but still.....