[at-l] Weather craziness

Jim Bullard jim.bullard at gmail.com
Sat Dec 4 10:04:43 CST 2010

I would guess yes. I've watched such weirdness as low clouds moving
East>West at the same time as higher clouds were moving West>East. I would
not be at all surprised if the temperatures were also different. In fact it
is a warn air mass over a cold air mass that causes freezing rain. In the
Ice Storm of '98 (in the NE) the areas that were damages were in a specific
altitude band. If you drove through the ADKs after you could see the upper
and lower limits of that band as you went up and down hills in the road.
Above and below the band they only got rain. In the band was massive damage
to trees from ice accumulation.

Jim Bullard
http://jims-ramblings.blogspot.com/
http://jim-bullard.photoshelter.com/