[at-l] Fwd: Quilts for the summertime AT

Cody Girl codycodygirl at gmail.com
Sat Dec 4 21:20:52 CST 2010

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Cody Girl <codycodygirl at gmail.com>
Date: Sat, Dec 4, 2010 at 9:18 PM
Subject: Re: [at-l] Quilts for the summertime AT
To: Black Wolfe <blackwolfe at charter.net>

This year I set off on the AT 3/15 with a 15 degree bag which I planned to
switch out at Atkins, but instead carried to Pearisburg because May was
rather cool in southern VA this year.  It was real chilly through the
Grayson Highlands.  I carried a 55 degree "travel" bag through the middle,
then at Glencliff NH (Aug 20) got the 15 degree bag out again.  Worked
pretty good mostly, I like to be covered when I sleep and mid summer the 55
degree bag was pretty toasty even loosely draped over me.  Some of the
hikers I met along the way simply carried a sheet, but I don't know what
they switched out when.  Temps were around 95-100 and plenty humid several
days through Pennsylvania.

It's a wonderful hike, enjoy the AT!
Cody