[at-l] Weather craziness

Jim Bullard jim.bullard at gmail.com
Sun Dec 5 08:06:50 CST 2010

That doesn't surprise me Ryan. Cold air is more dense and therefore heavier
then warm air so it tends to flow downhill like water. Mountain valleys are
frequently colder than higher up. Of course wind and other factors come into
play but friends who are into winter climbing tell me they often encounter
warmer temps at the summit than were the case down below. I live on a hill
and walk to the post office daily which is across the river. In winter,
crossing the bridge at the bottom of the hill is frequently the coldest part
of my walk.

Jim Bullard
http://jims-ramblings.blogspot.com/
http://jim-bullard.photoshelter.com/