[at-l] Weather craziness

Art Cloutman Art at crystalacresnh.com
Sun Dec 5 13:10:53 CST 2010

I remember skiing at Killington many years back.  While riding up the
mountain on the chairlift I passed through such a dramatic change in
temperature that both lenses on my glasses broke.  Then ran into
trouble when I accidently walked into the ladies room in the lodge to
check my eyes for glass chips.  A lady came in and helped me cross
over to the men's room after I explained my dilemma.

>  >Are there thermoclines in air like their are in water?
>
>  >NewlyComfortableWalker
>

>Yes, there are. They're not called thermoclines, I forget the name
>just now, but it's the same effect. My older brother is a
>weather-guesser. I'll ask him what the layers are called.  Hopeful

Life is Good!!!
Art Cloutman