[at-l] Quilts for the summertime AT

Cutter cutter78 at gmail.com
Tue Dec 7 09:37:31 CST 2010

Iceaxe:
As Fat Man Walking mentioned, even in summer it can get chilly up to and
including the Grayson Highlands area. On a section hike I did through there
a couple Julys ago, temperatures dipped into the 40s on a couple nights. I
was carrying a 45-degree (or thereabout) quilt I made from a Ray Jardine
kit. It was just barely warm enough on those nights. On the warmer nights I
really appreciated the quilt vs. having a sleeping bag.

Cutter
http://smithbasement.com