[at-l] 12

Felix J AThiker at smithville.net
Mon Dec 13 12:30:20 CST 2010

(reposted from attempts on yesterday)

12 years ago today I bought a new Duofold
longjohn shirt at MRO. (It is hanging in the closet now. I
wore it last week).
Sundown bought a new tent and was carrying two. We left town
about noon. It was a
good/bad feeling walking out of there. Damascus is a special
place. As we walked out the door at MRO (about noon), it
started sprinkling. It was raining before we got to the
park. It rained every step of the way to Abingdon Gap
Shelter. LL and CJ and GM were already there when I got
there well after dark. It was pouring. Sundown rolled in at
about 7. he was soaked. That kid walked in and never once
complained about the rain. His sleeping bag was wet...he
climbed in and started cooking. I love that kid.

--
Felix J. McGillicuddy
ME-->GA '98