[at-l] Trip report - Bartram Trail

Frank Looper nightwalker.at at gmail.com
Sun Dec 19 23:44:32 CST 2010

I got out at Oconee State Park in the snow. There was snow on the ground for
the entire trip.

It got very cold. I saw no sign of human or animal except for footprints in
the snow.

I loved every bit of it. Even the freezing rain was "interesting."

I learned to have boxes sent earlier. You can't count on being slow. If my
wife hadn't developed bronchitis, I'd still be out.

I have headache injections Tuesday morning. On Tuesday night I'm dropping in
at Frozen Creek to try 40 miles in 48 hours. Never done that before.

I hope to do a quick blast through the FHT during the week after Christmas.

If all continues to go well, I will leave Amicalola Falls on the morning of
the 1st for a cold walk to the Soruck. Should be a blast.

This is gonna be the year, God willing.