[at-l] PA Ruck

Marsha Lee atrailhiker at hotmail.com
Wed Dec 29 07:11:26 CST 2010

Hello friends,

The Potomac Appalachian Trail Club has welcomed us at Bears Den and we are proud to announce this year's location for our annual hiker event...The PA Ruck.

January 28 thru January 30, 2011.

Yes - there is camping !

www.paruck.com

Looking forward to seeing you all there! Post here, Facebook, Whiteblaze.net or our spreadsheet with your offerings, donations.

Bears Den: 540-554-8708

info at bearsdencenter.org

Thanks to Jim Owen for making these arrangements!

Marsha
StarLyte

Here's a nice cut-n-paste from Red Wing & Hopeful, caretakers of Bears Den:

"Bear's
 Den Trail Center is happy to be hosting a 2011 Ruck! Check in is on Friday afternoon and
check out in on Sunday morning.

Bears Den is a no alcohol center.

Accommodations:
As
guests you have access to the common living room, dining room and
kitchen. All linens for sleeping and showers are provided.  Each bed
includes a fitted sheet, pillow, and pillow case.  Sleeping bags are
welcome, but top sheets and blankets are also available. All cookware
and tableware is provided. The store sells souvenirs and some food such
as snacks, sodas, frozen pizza and Ben & Jerry's Ice Cream. As a
traditional hostel, we ask that you please make sure that the lodge is
clean before you leave.

Pricing:
$15.00 plus tax per person per night (special Ruck/Hiker rate)

Please call if you have any questions or concerns. We look forward to your visit! Directions can be found at our website: www.bearsdencenter.org.

Scott and Marie Wheaton/Red Wing & Hopeful, Resident Hosts

Bears Den Trail Center
18393 Blue Ridge Mountain Rd.
Bluemont, VA. 20135
(540)554-8708"