[at-l] Happy New Year

Tenacious Tanasi tenacious_tanasi at yahoo.com
Fri Dec 31 22:32:08 CST 2010

To my tribe, Michael and I wish for you and yours a most prosperous and happy
new year.  We wish you many happy trails over this next year.

Michael and I say goodbye to a wonderful and horrible year.  It was horrible in
that he had to be deployed, but it was so every wonderful after his return.
 We've had to deal with teenage children both in good and bad ways.  Though
we've dealt with very little other family drama because we are determined to not
allow that in our lives from either of our biological families.

We have had a most blessed year otherwise, though.  I started my new job in the
spring and love the people I work with.  Since Michael's return home at the end
of June, we were engaged, married, and went on a wonderful honeymoon in Maine.
 Then there was a surprise pregnancy but then sadly miscarriage.  We've hiked
several trails in the Smokies, and the Art Loeb through the Shining Rock
Wilderness.  We are very much enjoying our married life together.

We gladly welcome the new year.  We look forward to getting out and hiking
together more.  Though it has been an interesting journey this time this next
year I should have donned a mortar board once again for a walk across a stage.
 After the miscarriage we decided that we would like to have a child of our own
and are trying to get pregnant.  We're also painting and fixing up our home as
well as our yard.

Life is so very good for us, and we want to continue this journey through the
next year and beyond.

May each of you share in the blessings that have been bestowed upon us.  May we
all have a very healthy, happy, and prosperous new year.

Much love to all of you!  We look forward to catching up with you over the next
year at hiker functions.

Happy New Year!!!

 Tenacious Tanasi