[at-l] snow shoe questions

giniajim jplynch at crosslink.net
Mon Feb 1 17:13:35 CST 2010

Its basically like cold weather hiking, but in snow.  You'll get warm, so layer up.  Carry a day pack to hold layers as they come off.  Take plenty of water; you'll get thirsty.
   Take sunglasses (this is very important; the suns rays come at you from the sky *and* the snowy ground.  Take a hat and sun-screen for the same reason.
   Snowshoes? I'd ask him; he probably has snowshoes or knows where to rent them.  I haven't snowshoed in many years, but I don't recall using any special boots.  But someone on the list may have a more up-to-date idea.