[at-l] snow shoe questions

Seth Schumacher eragon921 at gmail.com
Mon Feb 1 17:24:51 CST 2010

Cody,

     You can absolutely rent snowshoes! Most gear shops, and especially
ski shops, will rent them. No you don't need special boots, though you
do need good winter boots. Snowshoes strap onto your boots, there is no
mechanical binding like on skis and snowboards. I've actually used my
trail runners with snowshoes while adventure racing. Just remember you
have to step higher and make sure you complete your stride before taking
another step or you'll trip over yourself. HAVE FUN!!

--
Seth "Osprey" Schumacher
President Willamette Outdoor Recreational Climbing Club
1-406-223-6336 | osprey at ospreysjourneys.com