[at-l] Shackleton's Whiskey Recovered Near South Pole

Linda Patton lpatton at fsu.edu
Sun Feb 7 16:36:04 CST 2010

Dang...didn't follow my links, right??  :-)  They weren't 'scavengers' --

"A team of New Zealand explorers heading out in January has
been asked by Whyte & Mackay, the company that now owns
Mackinlay and Co, to get a sample of the drink."

and

"Two crates were initially found by explorers in 2006 but it proved
too difficult to dislodge the ice that had been surrounding them
for over a hundred years.  Now a team of explorers have been
sent out by whisky makers Whyte & Mackay to retrieve samples
from the bottles, with the aim of recreating the blend."

~~ eArThworm

> I believe after 25 years scavengers have owners rights in
> international waters.  I would think that law applies...  I
> Clyde

Visit my website at http://booksforhikers.com
"Better to be lost in the woods than in a maze of cubicles…"