[at-l] AT in Alabama?

Jim Bullard jim.bullard at gmail.com
Sun Feb 14 10:08:56 CST 2010

There was "talk" back then from activists for the disabled but no official
consideration of making the entire trail accessible, just some segments. The
same went on in other wilderness areas. In the Adirondacks there was a group
that insisted that any trail open to hikers should be open to disabled
people on ATVs. They got some concessions on old RR beds and a few
relatively short & flat sections but the reality was/is that many parts of
the trails can not be made handicap accessible without major engineering
projects after which it wouldn't be anything approaching wilderness anymore.

Jim Bullard
http://jims-ramblings.blogspot.com/
http://www.photoshelter.com/c/jim_bullard