[at-l] AT in Alabama?

Trailwife at aol.com Trailwife at aol.com
Sun Feb 14 10:48:23 CST 2010

About 8 to 10 years ago, after reading Nimblewill's first book, I hiked
from Talladega to Springer in February and March. Parts of the  Pinhoti Trail
were unfinished in Alabama and some parts in Georgia were  impassable.due to
ice storm damage. It was a good "winter" hike. It has  a major switch from
near Chattanooga back to Springer via BMT.

I personally think it should be a trail by itself like the IAT and be a
part of the Eastern Continental Trail as are the AT and IAT.  I am  pleased
that people are working on these trail.

The Old RidgeRunner