[at-l] Something for the runners to ponder

Amy Forinash amy at forinash.net
Thu Feb 18 13:44:38 CST 2010

Speaking of marathons, I think that's a really useful concept that non-hikers understand.  So instead of saying I need to hike 12-13 miles per day for six months (and that's why I don't have time to come stay for a week with every person I know along the trail) I say "I need to hike a half-marathon every day for the next six months so I can be done in time." This makes much more sense to them.  Or at least it gets them off my back.