[at-l] Pocketmail

Paul Magnanti pmags at yahoo.com
Wed Feb 24 20:25:40 CST 2010

 Other hiking lists have reported similar issues to getting through. Here's what I wrote on CDT-L recently:

The Pocketmail people (whoever they are currently...) have been having financial
difficulties for the better part of 5+ yrs now. I am not surprised their server finally
went off-line, even if temporarily.

I'd be wary of using Pocketmail only because of this company's track record
with finances (not good. :) ).

An alternative that some people have used to good effect is the
Peek:
http://www.getpeek.com/

I have not used it personally; other people have.

..if it works on the PCT, don't see why it won't work on the much better cell
coverage of the AT. :)

--Thoreau
http://www.pmags.com
http://www.redbubble.com/people/pmags/