[at-l] Airline Bags

Trailwife at aol.com Trailwife at aol.com
Thu Feb 25 15:50:54 CST 2010

Last year when I flew from Florida to  San Diego to hike the PCT, I bought
a used large suit case from Good Will for  less than $10. I put my pack and
all my gear, including poles, in it. Once there  I left it with my Trail
Angel as others had done. I believe he returned them to  a Good Will or other
non profit.

Returning home I bought another Good  Will bag ($8.00) which I still have
and will use to fly  to my next hike. Yes, I have to pay a baggage fee. Yes,
I feel robbed but  it was the easiest and cheapest way for me.

ORR