[at-l] Airline Bags

giniajim jplynch at crosslink.net
Thu Feb 25 15:58:19 CST 2010

Another great idea; thanks!

  ----- Original Message -----
  From: Trailwife at aol.com
  To: jplynch at crosslink.net ; mvhudson at gmail.com ; at-l at backcountry.net
  Sent: Thursday, February 25, 2010 4:50 PM
  Subject: Re: [at-l] Airline Bags

  Last year when I flew from Florida to San Diego to hike the PCT, I bought a used large suit case from Good Will for less than $10. I put my pack and all my gear, including poles, in it. Once there I left it with my Trail Angel as others had done. I believe he returned them to a Good Will or other non profit.

  Returning home I bought another Good Will bag ($8.00) which I still have and will use to fly to my next hike. Yes, I have to pay a baggage fee. Yes, I feel robbed but it was the easiest and cheapest way for me.

  ORR