[at-l] test

Tenacious Tanasi tenacious_tanasi at yahoo.com
Thu Feb 25 19:40:36 CST 2010

Eddy writ:  thats a bummer that they all have become sheeple.  I am holding out on the facebook thing.

Eddy, here's a response that I posted not so long ago on the WomenHiker's list.  ....

Ratty writ:  Facebook looks to me like the chaos of the girls' bathroom in junior high school. Way too much clutter and dumb stuff going on. I ditched it almost immediately.

 I hate to hear that for you, Ratty.  I am having a totally different experience with FB.  FB allows me to play Scrabble with Michael while he is stationed overseas.  Also, he can send me a message on FB which in turn sends me a text alert on my cell phone and therefore can get in touch with me whenever, whereever I may be.... GOTTA LOVE THAT!!!

FB has enabled me to catch up with old friends from high school as well as previous co-workers.  I also keep up with my college age daughter as well as my two younger daughters that unfortunately live with their father now full-time.

Yes, I play games on it when I am totally bored.  But, I have also been able to hook up with other hikers as well as gain information on organizations near and dear to my heart.

As with anything it is a Hike Your Own Hike world out there.  Not everyone is going to love everything.  But, I LOVE FB.  :)

~~~~

I will also add to this post that Michael has become just as addicted as I am.  He has been trying to get in touch with some old Army buds of his from about 20 years ago... and he discovered a whole bunch of them just yesterday!  I love hearing the excitement in his voice as he tells me stories about these guys.  Catching up with them later in life is doing him so good as he has often wondered about what became of them.
Tenacious Tanasi