[at-l] Knotty Problem

Black Wolfe blackwolfe at charter.net
Fri Feb 26 17:23:40 CST 2010

One knot and three hitches serve over 75% on my backcountry rope use.  The clove hitch to secure a rope/line to most anything, the truckers hitch to draw a line tight and the taught-line hitch for tarp corners, with the bowline knot to secure most anything else that needs a loop.  Other hitches/knots of use would be the girth hitch, the double bow knot, and the figure eight with its follow through variant to make slings.

Here is on link of many for animated demonstrations of knot tying.

Black Wolfe

Bruce W.