[at-l] Knotty Problem

nightwalker.at at gmail.com nightwalker.at at gmail.com
Fri Feb 26 20:49:19 CST 2010

If you only learn four, you can get by with a two half-hitches, slip knot, bowline and square knot. Why specifically a square knot, since it is hard to untie after being under tension? Way back in the caveman days, that was the one and only knot in the Tenderfoot exam in Boy Scouts. It would be good to know it when they get there. If it's still in the test, at least.

When I made the earlier long list, I forgot you were asking for Cub Scouts. Oops!