[at-l] It is what iti is

Jan Lite liteshoe at gmail.com
Thu Jan 7 13:24:05 CST 2010

We will miss you, Grey Owl.
I can sure understand your excitement (slight eye roll) of moving to the
snowy North. If it trips your trigger, who am I to shiver at the news?
Congratulations.
The best of luck, dry pavement and fair skies on your move.

Do check in from time to time, sipping your coffee at that country store?

Date: Thu, 07 Jan 2010 08:31:35 -0500
>From: grey.owl at comcast.net

>Hey Gang,

>Closed on a house in Vermont on Monday.  Drove up there on Sunday through
blowing snow; Arlington had about 16" of the white stuff.  Reminded me of
Canada.
The house is out in the sticks and I do not have internet access!!!  I can
get on the
internet at the library and a little country store about 4 miles away has
Wifi.  As I do
all of my business on line I will probably only go on line once a week; thus
I am
going to be off list for a long time.

>I will not make the final move until early February so that I can attend
the PA Ruck.
It will probably be my last for a long time.  I already have in my calender
the ATC
2011 meeting.  I did not renew my membership to ALDHA.  I have dreamed of
hiking and canoeing for years, I now hove the opportunity of doing it and I
don't need
to live my life vicariously.

>To make this post trail related I walked 5 miles both Tuesday and Wednesday
in the
bracing cold and snow.  It was absolutely wonderful and I really felt alive
after each
walk.  I am now back in Phillie and I am suffering from the blahs.  I cannot
wait to
get back north.  I will still be hanging around on the list, but I will
probably
unsubscribe in the next couple of days.  I hope to meet every list member on
the trail.

Cheers
Bob
a.k.a Grey Owl