[at-l] Franklin and Fort Dietrich Snyder

RockDancer rockdancer97 at comcast.net
Fri Jan 8 22:28:31 CST 2010

When at the marker I believe I turned to walk downhill & there were paths into the open woods on the left. I think I walked a couple hundred feet. The water was a sort of open pit at the time, not a nice piped spring. Good water though! and in PA in the summer it was a welcome sight. At the time I was hiking with a section hiker who carried a weapon on his hip!

>From my trailjournal for July 29, 1997:
"The best blackberries so far were at the Fort Dietrich Snyder Marker, near the spring that Benjamin Franklin may have used."
see http://www.trailjournals.com/entry.cfm?id=51437

Doubtful I'll make even the PA Ruck without assistance, and no I think right now it's worse in S. VA. than here. Or we're used to it. I was birding at 20 F today, not moving around much and didn't feel the cold. I walked over a small section of swamp, paused to look at a winter wren, and boom! I was in water up to my knees... got out, drove home and as the warm car air hit the swamp water an interesting stench filled the car!

Arthur Gaudet (RockDancer)
Rockdancer97 at comcast.net
"The pellet with the poison's in the flagon with the dragon."

And so, Smarty Boots, are you going to share where the water source Is?

And I guess we are going to have to live without your presence at the SO RUCK even though Frosty will be on his way soon?

And I'll bet that you think your winters are worse than ours.  Well, let me tell you . . . .

Suffering-from-Cabin-Fever-Sawnie