[at-l] Oh Yeah!

Linda Patton lpatton at fsu.edu
Wed Jan 13 22:06:02 CST 2010

The hang tags on my rain stuff say DO NOT use fabric softener. And
IMHO the silicone is a no-no too because yes, it would clog.  But if
you want to live dangerously, on the razor's edge, and all...

~~WhatEverWillHeDoWorm

> Does fabric softener hurt rain gear? I have just recently Revivexed
> my Precip pants and jacket... Just wondering if there is anything
> in liquid fabric softener that would hurt them.
>
> One more thing: how about silicone spray? Would that extend the
> waterproofing or just clog the pores?
>
> QuestionBoy

Visit my website at http://booksforhikers.com
"Better to be lost in the woods than in a maze of cubicles…"