[at-l] Katahdin, GPS and "spirited discussions"

Jim and_or Ginny Owen spiriteagle99 at hotmail.com
Thu Jan 14 00:45:16 CST 2010

LOL !!!

We live far enough from the mountains that I can appreciate a good view, even if it's

on a computer screen.

Re: GPS - I worked with those big expensive satellites for a long time.  Even worked

on GPS (the FIRST version that didn't work worth horse pucky).  But I don't let a computer

do my thinking for me.

However, if GPS is your thing, go for it.  I've used one and it was a time waster for me.  My

brain works faster. And the batteries in my maps don't flatline.

One of the CDT videos had a clip - the guy had been in a rain storm and his GPS died.  The

absolute panic that ensued was remarkable.  OK - I thought it was funny.

BTW - Bunbun is back from his world tour - and sleeping right now.  When he wakes up next

week (or maybe next month), he may have some things to say.

Have a good night,

Jim

http://www.spiriteaglehome.com/