[at-l] Horse Plaque---

giniajim jplynch at crosslink.net
Thu Jan 14 13:41:09 CST 2010

Joan, thanks for the detail about a group hikers move off the trail *on the same side*; that's a nuance that I hadn't heard before.  Now a question: if the trail is on a hill, and the hikers can as easily move off the trail to one side or the other, which is preferred, to go to the uphill side, or the downhill side?  I've got my own opinion, but I've never heard anything definitive.