[at-l] Horse Plaque---

nightwalker.at at gmail.com nightwalker.at at gmail.com
Thu Jan 14 14:08:45 CST 2010

From: bluetrail at aol.com <bluetrail at aol.com>

Don't wave your arms or hiking sticks or anything else.   This helps the horse ID you as a human being not some scary monster.

Joan
The first time my dog ever saw a horse was on a hiking trail in SW VA. She really did think they were giant scary monsters. I almost had to lay on her to keep her from biting off the leash and disappearing into the woods.

The cool thing about Tink, and one reason she's such a good trail dog: The next time she saw horses she had absolutely no reaction. They had not hurt her before, so they must be okay. :-)