[at-l] Sleeping Bag Ratings Question

Daniel Steil dsteil19 at gmail.com
Sat Jan 16 14:51:13 CST 2010

Only Marmot and REI sleeping bags use the European Norm (EN) temperature
rating system for their bags.  The EN system is more accurate because it
takes the average of three different temperature ratings ( I forget what all
three are but the lowest of the three is the survivable rating) and uses the
middle temperature to title the rating of the bag.  The rating they give the
bag is based on having one layer on with hat and gloves.  All other
companies give their ratings based on what temperature you could survive at,
not necessarily what you would be comfortable at.

Sharky