[at-l] places to check the weather

Tim Rich athiker89 at yahoo.com
Sat Jan 16 19:38:12 CST 2010

I like Weather Underground wunderground.com for its features, including local reporting stations and data.  Their Wundermaps can pile a nice bit of information in one presentation.  The Toccoa #1 reporting station in the Suches area (MTCCG1) is at elevation 2,414 and is usually reporting.  Trackrock (KGABLAIR10) is at 2,250 and Buzzard Roost Ridge (KGABLAIR1) is at 2,400. Town Mountain, Blairsville (KGABLAIR7) is at 2,553.  The elevation proxies already suggested can give you a rough estimate of conditions higher up.

Take Care,

Tim