[at-l] places to check the weather

Felix J AThiker at smithville.net
Sun Jan 17 09:14:52 CST 2010

nightwalker.at at gmail.com wrote:
> Also, do you have a waterproof weather radio? If not, hie thee to a Radio Shack! I start and end every day with a loop or two from NOAA radio. Mine is electronic and finds the strongest (nearest) signal.
>
> Please, please please do not consider this to be opional gear!

Do you mean to not consider it to be optional gear on a hike?? Or, just
around the house?  I personally would never carry a weather radio unless
I was paid to do so.  Now, I carry a device that has a radio built in
(iRiver) so I can listen to the weather if I want. But, a
weather-specific radio? No way.

--
Felix J. McGillicuddy
ME-->GA '98