[at-l] Sleeping Bag Ratings Question

Daniel Steil dsteil19 at gmail.com
Sun Jan 17 12:55:46 CST 2010

The quality of down fill (i.e. 850 or whatever it may be) doesn't
necessarily indicate warmth.  All the numbers mean is how many cubic inches
of space one ounce of that weight down can fill ( one ounce of 800 fill
takes up 800 cubic inches of space) .  The number that really matters in
down bags is the fill weight of the down and to me is a better indication of
warmth.

Sharky