[at-l] Horse Plaque---

Lee Parker l.clayton.parker at gmail.com
Sun Jan 17 14:17:03 CST 2010

Leslie, while I understand your sentiments, I think you are misunderstanding
(perhaps purposefully) the intent of the message. The fact that it was in a
horse themed catalog perhaps contributed to the way you took it...

This is one of those "inspirational" themed messages that are published in
droves on pretty lithographs, framed and sold for $$$. It is supposed to be
promoting divergent thinking as a path to success, which of course as any
one in corporate America will tell you is anything BUT the path to
success....

Hmm, on second thought, maybe you didn't take it wrong after all <grin>

Lee I Joe

On Thu, Jan 14, 2010 at 12:07 AM, Leslie Booher <lbooher at charter.net> wrote:

>  For some reason, I got a horse-themed catalog before Christmas.  Tonight,
> I was looking through it and found a plaque that says:
>
> Don't follow where the path may lead...
> go where there is no path and leave a trail.
>
> That really hit me wrong.  I totally disagree with the philosophy
> espoused.  What do you think?  It seems totally contrary to "leave no
> trace", "leave nothing but footprints", "don't cut across the switchbacks",
> etc.  Louis LaMour wouldn't have approved, either; his characters always
> dusted over their prints and such.  <G>
>
> a'bear
>
> Humankind (be both)

"There is a fine line between genius and insanity. I've just erased it."