[at-l] more soruck 2010 pix

Ken Bennett bennett.ken at gmail.com
Tue Jan 19 08:16:47 CST 2010

On Tue, Jan 19, 2010 at 8:50 AM, Jim Bullard <jim.bullard at gmail.com> wrote:

> On Tue, Jan 19, 2010 at 6:26 AM, Marsha Lee <atrailhiker at hotmail.com>wrote:
>
>>  Nice pictures, Ken - I see you're still using quality equipment :)
>> Marsha
>>

> The biggest part of photographic quality in in the photographer's eye, next
> comes skill, equipment is last. :-)

I'm pretty sure Marsha knows that....<g>

But equipment does play a role. I can easily tell the difference between
what I shot with my point and shoot and the photos from my SLR. I won't push
the P+S past ISO 400 (and even that looks bad), which means I don't get good
results indoors in low light. The SLR lets me shoot at higher ISO values,
with a wider aperture, and gets me photos in places that the P+S doesn't.
But it's big and heavy and a pita to carry around.  So to some extent the
equipment that I choose dictates the kind of photos I can make. To some
extent, not all.

Happy trails,

Ken