[at-l] But!

Jim and_or Ginny Owen spiriteagle99 at hotmail.com
Fri Jan 22 00:47:08 CST 2010

HotDog wrote:

>You're a "Thruhiker" when you finish... Until that point you are "Thruhiking". Never

>considered myself a thruhiker until I was on Katahdin touching the sign.

I have a different take on it -

If one is "thruhiking", then one must be a "thruhiker". Otherwise one would not be thruhiking.

When one finishes, then one is technically an "ex-thruhiker".

Unless, like me, one's mind never leaves the Trail. In which case, one is always a thruhiker.

But keep in mind that, as one of my co-workers (for 25 years) once said - I'm different.  :)

Of course, YMMV.

All these complicated discussions are gonna give me a headache.

Walk softly,

Jim

http://www.spiriteaglehome.com/