[at-l] "White Gas"

Black Wolfe blackwolfe at charter.net
Fri Jan 22 19:06:34 CST 2010

----- Original Message -----
From: <nightwalker

> Can you really use clear unleaded gasoline in a pinch?
>
> FrankenQweschunBoxenWalker

=================================
Once upon a time, starting in the summer of 1971, before I knew any better,
I used regular leaded gas in my SVEA 123 until I was informed of the
existence of Coleman fuel in 1975.  I set that stove in my spare parts bin
in 1998 after many outings by foot, bike and car.  The leaded gas
undoubtedly cut its long term performance and the white gas burned a lot
cleaner, but it did work.  Therefore I suspect that unleaded gas would work
with most of the white gas stoves, but I will not recommend it unless it is
recommended by the stoves manufacturer.  That said; I have heard that gas
formulated for internal combustion engines does not burn properly in a stove
producing more CO and possibly other noxious byproducts.

Black Wolfe

Bruce W.