[at-l] "best" treks around the world

Jim Bullard jim.bullard at gmail.com
Fri Jan 22 19:26:58 CST 2010

On Fri, Jan 22, 2010 at 11:14 AM, Jim and_or Ginny Owen <
spiriteagle99 at hotmail.com> wrote:

>  I find it truly amazing that a Canadian site would miss what I consider to
> be the best of
> the best.  Especially since it's in Canada.
>
> Specifically, the GDT (Great Divide Trail)
> http://spiriteaglehome.com/gdt.html
>
> Walk softly,
> Jim
>
> http://www.spiriteaglehome.com/

Perhaps this is the reason "The GDT is not officially recognized by Parks
Canada and therefore is not signed and not always even an actual trail,
sometimes merely a wilderness route." (from Wikipedia). If they were listing
only recognized trails they might have shied away because of it's status.

Jim Bullard