[at-l] wedding ring found on AT, last chance

RockDancer rockdancer97 at comcast.net
Sat Jan 23 16:55:11 CST 2010

Hi all,
Last summer's hike netted me a man's gold wedding ring, the first item of any value that I've obtained from the trail. Last fall the ring was advertised in AT Journeys and I got 6 responses, none of them were correct in the details of the location or the ring. So the current edition of AT Journeys is carrying the same ad. I wanted to mention the ring here to include anyone that doesn't get the magazine. Also, please pass along the information to others as you see fit.

This will be the last opportunity to claim the ring. If I don't find the owner I'll feel no moral inhibition to dispose of the ring in some manner. I'm taking ideas, though, if anyone wants to be creative & clever about what to do with the ring.

I was pretty impressed with getting 6 responses to the ad when it first ran. I had no idea that married people lose their wedding rings with such regularity! And given the spot I found this I've tried to come up with likely scenarios to explain the loss. My best guess is that the ring was carried by a child of the owner, perhaps on a chain. Then the chain broke, the ring fell off and was lost. Another possibility is that it was cold, the man was wearing gloves, stopped to take the gloves off for some reason and the ring pulled off and went flying into snow cover... if nothing else I'd like to find the owner to ask "how did you lose this?"

text of ad: Ring found, June 2009, about size 10. Has some wear and seems to be an older design. Could be a man or womans. Write with details about the ring and describe where it was lost.

I'll add that it is marked 14 K.

Arthur Gaudet
Lowell, MA
Rockdancer97 at comcast.net
"The vessel with the pestle has the brew that is true."