[at-l] OT - Freedom of Speech was Snowshoeing VS Hiking

nightwalker.at at gmail.com nightwalker.at at gmail.com
Sun Jan 24 19:34:10 CST 2010

Clyde, read what I say, not what you think I say. Let me repeat it for you.

I do not believe that corporations should have more power than individuals. That implies neither good nor evil.

The Roberts court has made it completely legal for foreign governments and corporations to flood the airwaves with electioneering commercials, therefore seriously affecting American elections. That DOES imply evil.

Surely you would not disagree with that statement, unless you've got caught up in this "NO" thing, would you? If you have gotten to the point that it's an automatic "If That One's for it, I'm again' it," then there is no possibility of discussion. You have stopped thinking. If the only way that you can score points is with ad hominem attacks, you're not really scoring points. You're just stealing the ball.

Actually, considering the tone of your last post, we're probably already there, and it isn't close enough to November for me to be in a mood for histrionics yet.

And don't worry. We all know that y'all are gonna take it all back in '10 and '12, and things will be back to normal, okay?

You don't improve your debating skills when your first point of argument goess something like "Only stupid people think like you do." Just something to think about.

Heck, just be satisfied that high school diplomas aren't required to have the right to vote. Take a win however you can get it!

Now, I know that there is too much here for you to leave un-answered. Unlike some friends of mine, I'm not insistent on having the last word. Jump right in, but try to make it logical, okay? I never wanted this argument, and I'm through with it.

I knew after Shoe accidentally Kellied that reply last night that something like this would happen soon. (No biggie.) And it was a 1 in 4 that it would come from you. And if it did, there was a 100% chance that it would be, uh, bombastic. That's just how you roll in these matters. :-)

Your move. Have fun!