[at-l] Snowshoeing VS Hikng

Jim Bullard jim.bullard at gmail.com
Sun Jan 24 20:21:17 CST 2010

I can do 20 mpd hiking or I should say I have done that. Probably could
again after getting in the groove of daily hiking. Not sure I want to. I
have a habit (good in my eyes, bad in the eyes of those who want to get from
here to there) of stopping to spend time photographing stuff that I see.
Plays heck with mileage but I enjoy myself and I hike to 'be there' and
enjoy it, not to get somewhere else. If I were doing a long hike and hit a
boring stretch I might do 20 or more miles but again, I can find interesting
photo subjects almost anywhere.

Six months is about 12½ miles per day. Take a day off now and then and 14mpd
will get you there.

Jim Bullard
http://jims-ramblings.blogspot.com/
http://www.photoshelter.com/c/jim_bullard