[at-l] wedding ring found on AT, last chance

bluetrail at aol.com bluetrail at aol.com
Mon Jan 25 10:11:47 CST 2010

I wouldn't be at all surprised if some of these things didn't orignally belong to Jon Phipps, my significant other.  When he leaves for any long-distance hike, I immediately go to the outfitters and buy extra socks.  I know that he will surely lose socks.

He's made a lot of friends along the trails from people who follow him, pick up stuff he drops, eventually catch up with him and return his property.

He's lost cameras, tevas, cell phones (never on--only there for an emergency), sleeping pads, water filters, jackets, hats, etc.  I tell him one of these days the eco police will arrest him for littering our national trails.  He gets soooooo focused on getting up and moving at first light that I don't think he ever looks around where he camped to see if he might be leaving anything.

Joan