[at-l] Wahhhh! Mt. Washington loses the record gust...

Tom McGinnis sloetoe at yahoo.com
Tue Jan 26 16:45:40 CST 2010

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20100126/ap_on_sc/us_wind_record_toppled

Rats! Aussies recorded it back in 1996. As I recall, one standard is that the aenomometer has to survive the gust, so although higher gusts have been "recorded," since the recording aenomometers didn't survive, you can't say for sure that the thing was recording correctly in the first place. The Aussies' *was* recording well. Drat.

Well, I heard today that 225 years ago, "Australia" was founded -- on New South Wales. Seems appropriate, then.....