[at-l] king

Felix J AThiker at smithville.net
Wed Jan 27 15:30:39 CST 2010

Amy Forinash wrote:
> On Jan 27, 2010, at 3:27 PM, Felix J wrote:
>

>> Leslie Booher wrote:
>>
>>> I'm in that 'what do I take' faze of packing for a hike! Do...do I take socks?
>>>
>>> Yes, take several pairs.  You can use them as gloves, pot holders, sleeves for your water bottles at night, as rock bags to tie on the end of your rope for bear bagging, etc.  Never can carry too many socks.  a'bear
>>>

>> Hmmmm...I wear a pair...and, carry a pair. And, they only go on my feet. You do a lot more with your sox than I do with mine....
>>

> I carry at least five pair but they all go on my feet.  Two pair liners, two pair outer socks, one pair fleece sleeping socks.

Dang! I'm feeling sock-deficient!!  I wear a pair and keep a pair dry in
the pack. Sometimes I'll put a pair of 'footy' type socks in my sleeping
bag to wear at night because I will not be sockless!! I HATE not having
socks on.   I do love puttin' that pair of wet, cold socks back on in
the mornings, though....