[at-l] king

Felix J AThiker at smithville.net
Wed Jan 27 16:29:40 CST 2010

trailr at aol.com wrote:
> Oooh. Never a plastic bag, makes em stink more. Yuck... And they dry better in a synthetic bag, than in my down bag, or so it seemed.

If you don't close the bag (usually a bread sack) tightly, it breathes
enough to help a little with the smell and the drying. But, I don't mind
warm wet. My socks are almost never dry after 15 minutes of hiking
anyway. So, they are warm when I put them on....  If they aren't very
wet to begin with (if it's about 10 degrees and no moisture), I either
wear them or just put them in my sleeping bag without the plastic. I
have a thing about purposely putting moisture inside my down bag. I only
put my water bottles in if there's a chance they'll freeze.