[at-l] For the PA Ruck: Biggest Full Moon of the Year

bluetrail at aol.com bluetrail at aol.com
Fri Jan 29 09:11:22 CST 2010

Hope all this stuff still holds true for Saturday's moon.  Jon & I are co-leading a local full moon hike in an area that's pretty open.  A lot of the trail is more on the order of a jeep track and the ecosystem is open pine flatwoods.  It's great to be out hiking and get to see the moon shadows.  It's open enough that 99% of the time you don't need a flashlight or Petzel.

Jon will start his group before I start mine.  His group will do about 6 miles, while my group will do more like 2.5 miles out and back.  Usually he gets the more serious hikers and I get the families with little kids or folks not up to six miles.  We'll rendevous at a beautiful campsite with picnic tables and a fire ring.  My job is to get the fire going and get everything ready for the s'mores!

New ideas for s'mores:
E.T. s'mores:  use a Reese's peanut butter cup instead of a chocolate bar
adult s'mores: make 'em with DARK chocolate
lazy s'mores:  use chocolate covered graham crackers and skip the chocolate bar

Joan