[at-l] Walkin music

nightwalker.at at gmail.com nightwalker.at at gmail.com
Sat Jan 30 07:47:57 CST 2010

By July of most years, you'll be singing "I Wish It Would Rain." Brook Benton? Of course, if the recent pattern keeps up, it will still be "Row, Row, Row Your Boat."

The good news in that is that by the time you get to river-fording territory, you'll be used to walking in water. The bad news is that the rivers will be deeper and faster.

Walking South, the river right before Monson was pretty scary to me. It had been raining off and on for days, and it was really moving. But, obviously, I didn't die. When you start fording rivers, undo your belt and loosen your straps almost all the way. It seems like every other NoBo in the 100-mile would tell me that when the subject came up. But they were right.

Felix: Did you have a problem with NoBos trying to teach you how to hike? I've heard that's a common problem for SoBos.

Babbling. Been up all night with post-surgical dad. Almost 71 and had to have his small intestine stirred a bit. Been awake almost 24 hours and forgot to bring headache meds. Yow.

Frnak the Municifent