[at-l] Start or Join a Hiking Group

Mike Cunningham hikermiker at yahoo.com
Wed Jul 7 12:03:42 CDT 2010

After my recent hike over Mt Mansfield, my friend & I got back to the Nebraska Notch parking lot from where we started. I met a fellow with his son who were out for an easy overnight. We got to talking & he whined about how old he was. It turned out that I am 4 years older than he was.

After I told him he then said it was more a matter of what shape you are in.

Last summer while climbing Mt Ampersand in the Adirondacks I passed a group of about 12 males who were in their late teens/early twenties. They were surprised to be passed by an older gray haired man.

Too bad. I actually met them again still coming up while I was going down.

hm