[at-l] teepee

Carla & Dave Hicks carla_dave_hicks at verizon.net
Thu Jul 8 15:47:03 CDT 2010

Leaves are about the only thing I used along most of the AT, once they were
out for the summer.

About the only thing the Acer pensylvanicum (a.k.a, Striped Maple, Moosewood,
Moose Maple) is any good for.  And it's every where in high elevations in the
Appalachian Mountains from northern Georgia to Maine.

Nice soft, slightly fuzz underside leaf.  Just right for the intended use.

Why else would Got have created such an otherwise useless tree, kept it small
were you can reach the leaves, and adapted it to grow along the AT, if not for
hikers to use?

:-)}

Chainsaw