[at-l] What Kind of Stove to take on the AT

Mara Factor mfactor at gmail.com
Mon Jul 12 16:26:26 CDT 2010

White gas and denatured alcohol (or gas line antifreeze) is readily
available along the trail.  Other options may be a bit harder to come by.

Unless you plan on cooking a lot, I recommend alcohol.  With a homemade soda
can stove, it's a lightweight, convenient option.

I've got a comparison chart as well as discussion of stoves on my web site
at:

http://friends.backcountry.net/m_factor/stoves.html

Hope it helps,

Mara