[at-l] Chlorine dioxide tablets: Potable Aqua vs Katadyn Micropur

Mike Cunningham hikermiker at yahoo.com
Wed Jul 21 09:27:55 CDT 2010

I prefer Aqua Mira liquid. I use it when filling up in the evening. However waiting the 5 or so minutes after mixing is annoying when out on the trail during the day.

Then I prefer to use either of the two types of chlorine dixide tablets. Just fill up the bottle & drop in a tablet & keep on hiking.

OTOH if you want to take a break waiting the 5 minutes can be okay. One trick I learned from Yogi is to save a mixing top, that way you can mix for two bottles at the same time.

hm